YMCA San Francisco
Designing 14 branches under one one site
- 516% increase in online joins
- 110% increase in page views
- 30% increase in unique visitors
The Y has a new site that's easier to use, and supports its new business model. The new site tells the YMCA story through imagery, blogs, and initiatives.
- Designed a branch microsite solution with flexible content and navigation
- Created a way to display content that spanned across multiple branches
- Wrote and designed training materials to support less technical content authors
- Provided content strategy for blog and trained internal team
- Extended the YMCA brand to work with responsive design
- Creative direction
- Content strategy
- Information architecture
- User experience design
- Responsive design
- Digital Brand Extension
This work was done at Chapter Three input from my design team and in collaboration with Claire DeLeon from YMCA SF.
"Nica’s expertise in strategy is evident from her fantastic results; her leadership on the Y of SF website build made the change project fun, efficient and very effective. I am sure that to work with Nica is to learn from her, because her talent in both creative direction and business strategy is unique and awe-inspiring.
What I appreciated most about Nica’s approach, aside from the joy it was to work with her, is that she balanced practical and attainable with inspiration and dreams; her influence inspired ongoing learning and higher standards of quality in our teams. Working with Nica was truly a gift; she was supportive beyond my expectations throughout the very successful project."
–Claire DeLeon, MPH /Director of Marketing and Communications